[Geany-Users] Mouse horizontal scroll on 1.33

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Sun Apr 22 21:20:10 UTC 2018

Hi,

Le 21/04/2018 à 11:42, Jérôme Andanson via Users a écrit :
> I just upgrade Geany to 1.33 on linux mint from PPA [1].
>
> It seem's since that version, the horizontal mouse scroll ([shift] +
> scroll mouse) don't scroll all document width, it scroll a bit and just
> stop, can't move more at right with this method, use of scrollbar is
> required :(

I can reproduce something very similar to what you're describing indeed,
when I try and Shift+DownScroll, which should scroll to the right, it
somewhat works but seems to randomly scroll right or left, which leads
to a lot of flickering back and forth, and a barely usable feature.

Debian GNU/Linux 9.4 (x86_64), GTK 3.22.11, GLib 2.50.3, Geany 1.33+

I would suspect a bug in the horizontal scroll handling reading a
seemingly random value for the scroll direction (or possibly, a conflict
in direction between smooth and regular scroll).  I'm afraid I won't
have time to look at anything before at least a week, but that might be
a lead if somebody is interested at looking at this.

> Do you use this very convenient mouse scroll ?

Not really ^^

> If no mistake this behavior come with 1.33, is it for everyone ? is it
> intended ? Is it reversable ?

It's not intended, and it's probably a bug.

Regards,
Colomban