[Geany-Users] Geany doesn't work properly in guest account LM 18

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Wed Oct 18 11:22:15 UTC 2017

On 18 October 2017 at 20:06,  <muetze.geany at freenet.de> wrote:
> Hi there,
>

> I'd like to give access to geany for users of an guest account on a Linux
> Mint 18.2 system. I did some modifications on the guest account following
> this link:
> https://sites.google.com/site/easylinuxtipsproject/2#TOC-Customize-the-frozen-Guest-session-guest-account-to-your-liking
>

> The problem is I can't open existing files or save new files on a sambashare
> in my network with geany while in guest mode.

Is the samba share mounted on the linux filesystem where your guest
account can see it?  Geany does not access anything outside the Linux
filesystem.

> I can open and save them with other editors like Xed.

Xed can open network locations directly without them being mounted.

> No other applications I tested so far show similar behavior (oOffice, gimp,
> Xed).
>

> I can open the progam and (temporary) save new files to the guest desktop.
> (Geany can open these file too.)

The guest desktop is in the Linux filesystem I presume.