[Geany-Users] How to rearrange tabs in the sidebar?

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Mon Oct 16 08:43:38 UTC 2017

On 16 October 2017 at 17:44, Joerg Desch <news at jdesch.de> wrote:
> Am Mon, 16 Oct 2017 00:24:04 -0700 schrieb Colomban Wendling:
>
>> "Files" and "DevHelp" are provided by plugins, I'm not sure but maybe
>> it's possible to trick the plugin loading order (e.g. listing them in
>> another order in the conffile) and it may alter the tab order then.
>
> Yes, this works like expected, but only for one call. After leaving Geany,
> the list of active plugins seems to be rewritten.

As I suspected.

AFAICT the list of active plugins is not sorted, the order is entirely
dependent on the details of the implementation and what the user does
regarding enabling and disabling plugins.