[Geany-Users] Deprecated code indicator

Ruud van Lent ruud.van.lent at xxxxx
Mon Oct 2 07:07:48 UTC 2017

Hi, thanks all for your answers and thinking along.

This is exactly the route that I am going to pursue. I have implemented
PHP Code Sniffer for Joomla: this will 'sniff' for code style and is
integrated with Geany. A warning or error in the code style is displayed
correctly in Geany.

I am now going to ask the Joomla Team to extend the Code Style with
Deprecated routines: that way the code is also sniffed for deprecated
code. This will then not only work in Geany but in every IDE that
supports PHPCS.

Again: thanks for looking into this!

regards,

Ruud.