[Geany-Users] Support of Commonmark markdown

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Sat Nov 25 23:44:21 UTC 2017

On 26 November 2017 at 05:07, H <agents at meddatainc.com> wrote:
> Are there any plans to broaden support for markdown syntax to include e.g. commonmark markdown? I have a particular interest in support for tables myself but expanded markdown support would be great.

I depends what you mean by "support", if you mean highlighting of
markup that needs to be provided by Scintilla (www.scintilla.org)
first so ask/provide a patch there first.

If there is some change that to the structure that the parser needs to
support you can provide a patch/pull request on Geany (since the
markdown parser isn't part of Universal Ctags).  There are no known
plans to change the existing parser, pull requests are welcome.

If you want the markdown plugin to support it, you will need to
provide a patch/pull request to the markdown parser used by the
plugin.  There is a parser included in the plugin but IIUC the plugin
defaults to libmarkdown if its available and I expect most distros use
that, so you would need to get changes in that project.  Alternatively
you could change the embedded parser and force use of that when you
built the plugin for yourself.