[Geany-Users] comma, tab, space separate files

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Sun Nov 19 22:28:46 UTC 2017

On 20 November 2017 at 03:15, Thomas Martitz <kugel at rockbox.org> wrote:
> Am 19.11.2017 um 18:06 schrieb bendov at gmx.com:
>

>> I'm not sure if Geany has the ability - itself or with plugins, to convert
>> & save  examples like these to delimiter-separated formats.
>>
>> So whether to save / export from Geany  or get it into the proper format
>> so when pasted in a spreadsheet (like LibreOffice), where Example 2 looks
>> more like example 1, without a WHOLE  lot of manually entering commas,
>> spaces, tabs.
>

> Geany is a text editor where you insert/edit text (most typically program
> source code) by hand. It's not a text reformating engine that automatically
> converts, especially not between arbitrary formats found on random web
> pages.
>
> I'm sorry, but Geany is not the right tool for your request.
>
> I'm also not aware of any plugins that suit your needs.

It would be a reasonable plugin functionality if somebody wishes to
write one and contribute it, but as the OP says its rarely used and
therefore as Thomas says, its not something for Geany core itself, and
is not a current plugin either.