[Geany-Users] comma, tab, space separate files

Thomas Martitz kugel at xxxxx
Sun Nov 19 17:15:00 UTC 2017

Am 19.11.2017 um 18:06 schrieb bendov at gmx.com:

> I'm not sure if Geany has the ability - itself or with plugins, to
> convert & save  examples like these to delimiter-separated formats.
>
> So whether to save / export from Geany  or get it into the proper
> format so when pasted in a spreadsheet (like LibreOffice), where
> Example 2 looks more like example 1, without a WHOLE  lot of manually
> entering commas, spaces, tabs.

Geany is a text editor where you insert/edit text (most typically
program source code) by hand. It's not a text reformating engine that
automatically converts, especially not between arbitrary formats found
on random web pages.

I'm sorry, but Geany is not the right tool for your request.

I'm also not aware of any plugins that suit your needs.

Best regards.