[Geany-Users] Double-spacing lines when printing

H agents at xxxxx
Tue Nov 14 01:20:35 UTC 2017

On November 13, 2017 6:37:18 PM EST, H <agents at meddatainc.com> wrote:
>On November 13, 2017 5:28:41 PM EST, Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com>
>wrote:
>>filetypes.common is the default style, but it seems that colour
>>schemes can't override line_height after all, they are just _colour_
>>schemes, I guess the hint is in the name.  So, although its possible,
>>there is no convenient way of changing spacing that I can think of.

>filetypes.common.

>>could not find a solution for this when searching the 'net, I am
>hoping
>>I have missed something...

>>> Is there a file for the default theme where I could just edit
>>line_height setting but keep the rest unchanged until I decide I want
>>to change something else?
>>>
>>> For now I just copied the filetypes.common file to
>>~/.config/geany/filetypes and edited the line_height setting but that
>>now affects all files. I would, as you suggested, rather create a new
>>color scheme, derived from the /default/ one, with the desired
>changes.

>That's a pity. Sometimes I have files, e.g. markdown files, that I like
>to print out and make changes etc. on the printout. Thus, really no
>need to change anything on the screen, only double the line height when
>printing.

Yes, but only as the - very - last resort. The best solution would be to have this as a print option, not on screen. The latter could be set using the line_height setting in the relevant configuration file.