[Geany-Users] Double-spacing lines when printing

H agents at xxxxx
Mon Nov 13 23:37:18 UTC 2017

On November 13, 2017 5:28:41 PM EST, Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:
>filetypes.common is the default style, but it seems that colour
>schemes can't override line_height after all, they are just _colour_
>schemes, I guess the hint is in the name.  So, although its possible,
>there is no convenient way of changing spacing that I can think of.
>
>On 14 November 2017 at 07:38, H <agents at meddatainc.com> wrote:
>> On 11/12/2017 07:56 PM, Lex Trotman wrote:
>>> The printing just prints whats on screen, so you need to change the
>>> line spacing on screen, see line_height setting in filetypes.common.
>>> You can make a colour scheme that overrides this just for printing.
>>>
>>> Cheers

>could not find a solution for this when searching the 'net, I am hoping
>I have missed something...

>> Is there a file for the default theme where I could just edit
>line_height setting but keep the rest unchanged until I decide I want
>to change something else?
>>
>> For now I just copied the filetypes.common file to
>~/.config/geany/filetypes and edited the line_height setting but that
>now affects all files. I would, as you suggested, rather create a new
>color scheme, derived from the /default/ one, with the desired changes.

That's a pity. Sometimes I have files, e.g. markdown files, that I like to print out and make changes etc. on the printout. Thus, really no need to change anything on the screen, only double the line height when printing.