[Geany-Users] TCL and quote

John Yeung gallium.arsenide at xxxxx
Wed May 24 13:43:53 UTC 2017

On Wed, May 24, 2017 at 7:34 AM, Eric Crastes <eric.crastes at gmail.com> wrote:
> Now, if I'm going to the bug tracking of Scintilla and describe my problem,
> they will refuse to take it into account as it's not related to Scite ?

That is not the case at all. They are two completely separate
projects. They happen to have the same author, but he purposely
designed Scintilla to be modular and usable in other projects. He is
very aware that problems in Scintilla affect a lot of editors. I mean
A LOT of editors. You named some yourself.

The most famous and popular one by far is Notepad++.

Was your plan to file bug reports with Notepad++ and MyTcl as well? I
mean, you certainly have that option. But they are likely to give you
the exact same response as Lex. I think it is understandable that you
didn't know anything about Scintilla before, but once you have learned
that Scintilla is the likely source of the problem, and that many
editors which use Scintilla are suffering from the same problem,
doesn't it simply make the most sense to take it up with Scintilla?

John Y.