[Geany-Users] How to set external diff viewer in GeanyVC?

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Tue May 9 08:59:15 UTC 2017

On 7 May 2017 at 03:32, Chris Spencer <chrisspen at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have the GeanyVC plugin enabled and the "use external diff viewer" option
> checked, and meld installed locally, but when I go to VC->directory->diff,
> it shows me the generic output from diff, not meld.
>
> How do I configure GeanyVC to use meld?

If the option is selected GeanyVC should use the first viewer it finds
in path (from the list  "meld", "kompare", "kdiff3", "diffuse",
"tkdiff", "WinMergeU").

You havn't specified that OS you are using, but on Linux systems
starting apps from the desktop menu often does not run any shell, so
path is not set correctly, so no viewer will be found.