[Geany-Users] Missing Eclipse Features?

Chris Spencer chrisspen at xxxxx
Sat May 6 19:09:29 UTC 2017

> #1: I think the GeanyVC plugin does exactly that.

Yes, I've enabled this, but it seems very primitive and nearly unusable.
All actions are under a "VC" file menu, and not accessible in the tree
browser, so it's very clunky and difficult to quickly see what's changed.
What's there doesn't even seem to work. Selecting a directory in the
project tab and then doing VC->Directory->Diff just gives you a status
message:

    14:43:54: File /home/chris/git/myproject/src/someotherdir: action diff
executed via git.

but it doesn't show you the diff. Also, I had selected
`/home/chris/git/myproject`, not
`/home/chris/git/myproject/src/someotherdir`, so the command isn't even
correct.

> Regarding #2:
> AFAIK, you cannot do that in Geany, but you can start Geany twice, and
open a different project in each instance. Other than that, you can open
any file regularly with File > Open. Also, I think there is a plugin that
adds a full filebrowser to the sidebar, but I haven't used it yet.

I literally have hundreds of projects, of which I'll typically have a few
dozen open at any given time, so it's not practical for me to launch dozens
of Geany instances. This sucks. I really hate Eclipse, and that's the only
real show stopping feature gap.