[Geany-Users] Help running GCC command through Geany

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Wed Mar 8 05:14:21 UTC 2017

> The problem I'm having is this: when I try to add the CMD prompt expression
> to a custom build command, Geany gives me the error "Process failed (They
> system cannot find the file specified)".
>
> The command I'm trying to run is below:
> for %i in (*.c); do gcc -Wall -c -o "%~ni.o" "%i";
>
> This works fine when I run it directly from the CMD prompt. Any reason why
> this would not work through Geany's "Set Build Commands" area?

The build commands are not run in CMD, they simply run a single
executable with arguments, thats why it won't work.

As Matthew said, using a simple makefile is probably the best.

> The linking command (to merge all the object files together) works fine from
> Geany:
> gcc -Wall -o "%e" *.o

I'm surprised the *.o works, but I'm no windows expert.