[Geany-Users] lack of syntax color in gtkrc & similar files

bendov at gmx.com bendov at xxxxx
Sat Jun 17 20:56:01 UTC 2017

Only used Geany about 3 mo - quite a bit.  I modified my own color
scheme, to learn about it, but don't use it exclusively.
Regardless of many tried color schemes - even default - there's almost
no syntax color for some files like resource files -  gtkrc - Gtk2 theme
resource file; or the ~/.gtkrc-2.0 file.
But if I open those files in Linux's - xed - simple text editor, it
shows much more syntax color, some syntax errors and clearly all
commented lines.

Don't know the lack of color is because Geany doesn't recognize the
files, or there's not a geany "filetypes.*" file for this type of file?
Under Document > Set file type, Geany has gtkrc & .gtkrc-2.0 set as
config files.  Don't know if that's correct.

Is there a proper way to show more color in files like gtkrc?

Experimenting, I can set the files as another type and Geany shows more
color, but I'm not sure if most of the colors correspond to anything
meaningful from a programming view.