[Geany-Users] Multiple projects support?

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Tue Jun 13 21:13:21 UTC 2017

Hi

Geany "projects" are just collections of settings and session
information, effectively named sessions, so it is not possible and
does not make sense to have more than one open at once.

The project plugins extend the semantics to consider the project
directory and the files in it "special", but as they are extensions to
the Geany built-in projects, they also cannot have more than one open.

I don't think there are any plugins that associate projects with files
and so allow you to have more than one open.

Certainly you can open more than one isntance of Geany, just be aware
that changes to settings in the configuration in one instance will not
be noticed by other instances, and the settings saved will be the last
instance closed.