[Geany-Users] Geany for novel writers

Little Girl littlergirl at xxxxx
Tue Jun 6 01:44:56 UTC 2017

Hey there,

Peter Popov wrote:
> Little Girl:
> > There are two ways you could hack it:

> Both solutions are very creative. But they both seem to imply that I
> have to mess my file by having each line start with a tab.

Yes, you would have to edit each file each time. You wouldn't have to
save the changes, though.

> In my case, the whole text which is broken at 72 chars just like in
> emails, should be centered on a (nearly) empty screen. The source
> is the same. But the end result looks pretty much like the Reader
> Mode in Firefox.

I was going to say that the tab will indent entire paragraphs
(because it does), but it won't do that if you use Line Breaking. It
sounds to me like you do, because the only way I can figure out to
get Geany to break at 72 characters is to turn that on. As soon as I
do that, the tabs only work on a per-line basis rather than indenting
the entire paragraph. Not only that, but they then stop honoring the
72 character limit, and go over it. Ah, well. It was worth a try.
Good luck, and I hope you find something that works.

--
Little Girl

There is no spoon.