[Geany-Users] Clipboard is not supported!

ToddAndMargo ToddAndMargo at xxxxx
Mon Jul 31 00:29:32 UTC 2017

On 07/30/2017 03:35 PM, Lex Trotman wrote:
> On 31 July 2017 at 06:15, ToddAndMargo <ToddAndMargo at zoho.com> wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Fedora Core 26
>> Scientific Linux 7.3
>> Geany 1.29
>>
>> I dearly adore Geany as I can use it over an SSH X11 connection.
>>
>> Butttttttttt, it does not support the Primary Clipboard (mouse
>> over and center click).  It only supports the Secondary
>> Clipboard (<ctrl>c< <ctrl><c>) -- a Windows thing.
>>
>> This is a real pain in the neck (not my exact word).  It
>> is annoying as *** ALL *** my other Linux programs support it
>> and it is a muscle memory.
>>
>> Is there any work around or plans to fully support the
>> clipboards in Linux, not just the reduced function
>> clipboards that Windows supports?
>
> Middle click pasting the primary selection works for me, within and
> into and out of Geany and AFAIK has always worked, maybe your SSH does
> something unusual.  More information needed.
>
> Cheers
> Lex

Hi Lex,

I was trying to mouse over and paste from a
local copy to a terminal.

And the Secondary Clipboard is working to and from Geany
from and to Thunderbird.

Hmmmmmmmm! !!!!

And now it is working to and from a terminal as well.

Me things something was amiss in either that instance
of Geany or Terminal.  And restarting both fixed
the issues.

So, never mind ...   mumble, mumble

-T

p.s. When I am ssh-X11ing into a remote Geany, I will
make a local backup copy of my file by opening Geany
Geany, then doing a <ctrl><V> on my local Geany.  Works
beautifully.  (Secondary clipboard).