[Geany-Users] Status bar, process busy indicator, build menu block

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Fri Jul 28 23:13:37 UTC 2017

On 29 July 2017 at 06:43, David Barnes <dnsenrab at gmail.com> wrote:

> same commands - open one instance, then open another

You still have not said what the actual commands you use to start
Geany instances are.

> lxterminal --geometry=130x30 & (in directory: /rdkl/FB_common/defines)
> /usr/share/themes/Lubuntu-dark-panel/gtk-2.0/gtkrc:682: Unable to find
> include file: "apps/xfce4-notifyd.rc"
>

> lxterminal --geometry=130x30 & (in directory: /rdkl/FB_generic/rlib_small)
> Compilation finished successfully.
>
> Both find their directory and open a console.

But they still do something different, but not knowing what you have
different between the two instances, how they were started, what
directories they are in, projects and files they have open etc it is
not possible to suggest why they are different.  At the very least
they run in different directories so something is different.

> Also, a **PROJECT** is not going to have all their files in one 'working
> directory' that someone thinks is related to this problem.
> If your program enforces that, then it is a bit short-sighted.

Geany projects don't enforce anything, I am not sure what this comment
is apropos?

> Your issue.

What?  Please interleave your replies below the items you are
commenting about so they can be followed (like I have here).  When you
click reply, gmail copies the original mail pre-quoted (preceded by
>s), but annoyingly hides it behind a little [...] in the bottom left
corner, if you click that you will have the original message to
interleave replies into.

> I have work to do.
> Until this different behavior with 2 instances of your program is fixed, it
> isn't worth my chasing this.
> If it annoys me too much, I will move to another editor.

Your choice.