[Geany-Users] status bar and commands lock

David Barnes dnsenrab at xxxxx
Wed Jul 26 16:51:24 UTC 2017

The background for all this:

I did not t run into this very often in the past.

I have about 40 library sets that I compile into static libs. A library is
one profile set. 10 minimum to about 35 on a largest set, usually in at
least three directories. (I made a build system that keeps everybody in its
proper place - but this means a couple more files per lib.) After a library
is stable, I don't touch it again.

For current work, I have a script system that brings up the sets of
programs and libraries that I am working on currently. This script set also
brings up the needed consoles on each desktop for each particular
program/libray I am working on. These consoles are opened outside of geany.
Any one library I work on may need 3 to 5 other profiles opened so I can
keep everything correctly referenced without opening and closing, opening
and closing again and again. (I'm old - I doubt my memory sometimes, these
days.)

Every so often, I need to go back and adjust an old library (recently, for
mutlithreading changes, for example.) I never made a script for those older
libraries.
In this instance, I bring those profiles up on a clean system manually, and
start the consoles from geany. This is when I have these problems
frequently.

Even on the new scripts, especially because of threading issues, I
sometimes bork a console, need to close it, and open a fresh console. This
is when I first started to notice this problem, but didn't worry about it.
Now that I am going back to some of the old libs to make changes, I am
hitting this very frequently.

The scripting for multiple sessions and opening the consoles is relatively
new - no more than 2 years old. Previously, every session was opened
manually, with its consoles from inside geany. I never had this problem,
then.

One of those scripts, and one library profile is attached for your info.
The rdkl directory is on a remote server. This and any system I work on or
edit with are in my home.

David