[Geany-Users] status bar and commands lock

David Barnes dnsenrab at xxxxx
Wed Jul 26 15:45:05 UTC 2017

Yes, more than one session of geany.
NOT completely independent.

---------------------

A circumstamce:

Several geany sessions opened - mulitple files open in each with no files
opened in more than one session.

No activity in ANY geany instance.

Open a console in one session, for example on desktop 2.

Another session - maybe desktop 6 - shows the activity status with that
sessions's build menu blocked.
Close the console, indicator and build menu released.

When I tested this yesterday, I had no other user programs of any kind up
after a clean boot.

--------------------

Yes, did try the '&' terminator on the command - no difference.

My new solution: one session I typically open is a reference only session:
I rarely need to edit there. I pop open consoles there until I get the
lock, then I can use the other sessions. NOT elegant.

I understand about mixed messages and confused sources/destinations in an
OS. But this means that geany is listening for any message to any geany -
even when no build menu item - or any action - was requested. Is THAT
happening? I thought the messaging systems all had client identifiers to
keep things seperated.

A thought: I imagine geany does broadcast messages that files have been
changed, and every instance does need to listen for that. Perhaps there is
a misidentification of the activity there.

version: "Rezer"
(built on or after 2016-04-17)

David