[Geany-Users] status bar and commands lock

David Barnes dnsenrab at xxxxx
Sun Jul 23 20:33:21 UTC 2017

Thank you for the quick reply.

It looks like it may be sitting and waiting when I open a console from a
build command button I made - sometimes. (I think I made it happen once a
moment ago.)

I typically start an edit session with a script that opens from 4 to 6
geany projects on different screens, with up to 3 other terminals/file
managers open on a single desktop with geany. So ... minimum 4 geany
sessions with 50+ (remote) files total + 7 consoles + 2 file managers with
one script.
Rarely have a problem. Some of my edit profiles are much larger.

My console command ( is:

[build-menu]
NF_03_LB=console
NF_03_CM=lxterminal --geometry=130x30& --working-directory=%d
NF_03_WD=

Can something be used or option set, like a '&' in a script, to have geany
NOT wait for a response?

David

On Sun, Jul 23, 2017 at 10:51 AM, Matthew Brush <mbrush at codebrainz.ca>
wrote:

> On 2017-07-23 09:16 AM, David Barnes wrote:
>
>> Started recently (during last 12 months, perhaps.)
>>
>> At times, a side-scrolling status indicator pops up on status bar.
>> When this is present, all commands in build menu are greyed out.
>>
>> **I can find no description of this status indicator.**
>> The only way to clear it is to close geany.
>> Closing the file or the project doesn't clear it.
>>
>> Closing all other instances of geany does not clear it.
>>
>> The files are on a networked drive. I have persistent connections. I have
>> all permissions.
>>
>> I am able to edit, and save a file while in this condition.
>>
>> This only happens occasionally, but means I must close down in the middle
>> of work
>> when I may have multiple files setup to make a set of changes.
>>
>> This is true for several machines I use.
>>
>> example pics attached
>>

> I believe that progress bar only appears while Geany is running a
> subprocess. It sounds like you're starting a build command that never exits.
>
> Regards,
> Matthew Brush

If you don't try - you lose - automatically.