[Geany-Users] status bar and commands lock

David Barnes dnsenrab at xxxxx
Sun Jul 23 16:16:19 UTC 2017

Started recently (during last 12 months, perhaps.)

At times, a side-scrolling status indicator pops up on status bar.
When this is present, all commands in build menu are greyed out.

**I can find no description of this status indicator.**
The only way to clear it is to close geany.
Closing the file or the project doesn't clear it.

Closing all other instances of geany does not clear it.

The files are on a networked drive. I have persistent connections. I have
all permissions.

I am able to edit, and save a file while in this condition.

This only happens occasionally, but means I must close down in the middle
of work
when I may have multiple files setup to make a set of changes.

This is true for several machines I use.

example pics attached

This system:
Lubuntu 16.04.02
Linux 4.8.0-58-generic #63~16.04.1-Ubuntu SMP
AMD FX6100 (6 core)
8G mem

David Barnes

--
If you don't try - you lose - automatically.