[Geany-Users] Terminal

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Sat Jan 14 21:12:36 UTC 2017

On 2017-01-14 07:41 AM, David Topham wrote:
> I just joined this list and have been a happy user of geany on Debian for a
> year. Great editor with helpful plugins! One feature I use all the time is
> the terminal. I noticed that if the terminal gets hung, then I can't kill
> it without closing geany. i.e. ctrl-c does not interrupt the program that I
> ran which is hung. If I go to another xterm outside of geany I can kill the
> runaway process, but that kills geany too! Is there a way to interrupt
> (break) the terminal and still keep geany open?

If by hung you mean the application ignores SIGINT instead of exiting,
then Ctrl-C indeed wouldn't work, even in Xterm. If you just mean stuck
as in a "busy-loop", Ctrl-C works here. Can you give an example
script/application that hangs by your definition?

I'm not sure why sending SIGKILL from another xterm to the errant
process would kill Geany though, that sounds weird.

Regards,
Matthew Brush