[Geany-Users] Defining Functions for Geany “Filetype”

Gil Hornung gil.hornung at xxxxx
Wed Jan 4 14:07:32 UTC 2017

Hi,
I am using Geany as my text editor. I have started working on snakemake, which, from a syntax point-of-view, is Python with a few modifications. Python functions are defined by:
def bla:
    bunch_of_code

snakemake adds the definition of "rules" in a similar way:
rule bla:
    bunch_of_code

Geany presents in the side bar all the Python functions, but I also want it to present all the rules. However, I was not able to find how to define the keywords for a function in the file geany/filetypes.python (I want to add the keyword rule).

Does anyone have any idea?

Dr. Gil Hornung
Bioinformatics Analyst
The Nancy and Stephen Grand Israel National Center for Personalized Medicine
Weizmann Institute of Science