[Geany-Users] Question for advanced users

o1bigtenor o1bigtenor at xxxxx
Sat Dec 30 03:01:39 UTC 2017

Greetings

I've never done any coding to date and really use computers, and their
tools, as tools to get my stuff done. Am finding geany very useful in my
plain text record keeping (most often called accounting) and its very good
search function is what has convinced me to use it for my needs rather than
vim or gvim (also useful but the search function in Geany and the abilities
I'm just starting to investigate (bottom of the page) is what has geany
getting the nod!!)

I am always looking for software that does what I need to get done or I can
set things up so that I can get things done. My work habits must be quite
different as I find a lot of 'generally used' software just doesn't cut it
for my needs. For scheduling and possibly for logging I have found
something called Task Juggler. IIRC (sorry not taking the time to verify)
it was used for some major software revision for their project management.

The issue - - - Task Juggler has the ability to integrate quite tightly
with vim.

Attached is the page from the Task J... docs where it talks about the the
addin file, for vim.

Any suggestions as to how to change a vim syntax file into something that
does a similar modification to geany?

TIA for suggestions and/or assistance. (Even pointing me in the direction
to go to find out how I can do this would be greatly appreciated!!

Dee