[Geany-Users] plugins, markdown, autogen.sh, and intltoolize

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Sat Dec 30 00:19:37 UTC 2017

On 30 December 2017 at 10:14, Colomban Wendling
<lists.ban at herbesfolles.org> wrote:
> Le 29/12/2017 à 16:10, Lex Trotman a écrit :
>> On 30 December 2017 at 09:52, Colomban Wendling
>>> BTW, I doubt meson is magic enough to install istelf if you didn't when
>>> you tried to run it… and if it is I won't like it :]
>>
>> That would be a distro function would it not?
>
> Yeah, but my point is that the problem the OP's been having is merely
> not having the required tools installed, nothing else.  So the best we
> can do here I guess it reducing the number of things needed before
> spewing relevant error messages…

Yeah, checking for all the tools first and complaining in plain [your
language here] rather than failing at the first one with
unintelligible error messages would be good.