[Geany-Users] plugins, markdown, autogen.sh, and intltoolize

Muddleglum Smith muddleglum1 at xxxxx
Fri Dec 29 11:50:31 UTC 2017

@ o1bigtenor
> so I MAY have an idea for you.
>
> inltoolize isn't found - - - that means that you need to install intloolize
As you possibly read on, you learned that I don't need to install
intltoolize, but intltool. That was easier to do because

> -dev files. . .
Dunno about that and will keep in mind. Thank you for your help!

@Colomban

> Install intltool.
> But the simpler and most reasonable is to install intltool which
> will definitely be packaged in Fedora.
Instead of intltoolize? New one on me. I had thought, according to the
script, that the -ize was needed. Live and learn, unlearn, semi-learn.

Thank you for that hint, Colomban. I got a step further.

@ all

I'm now here -- Installed intltool and reran:
(I numbered the lines I will comment.)
------------------
1. You should add the contents of '/usr/share/aclocal/intltool.m4' to
'aclocal.m4'.
autoreconf: Entering directory `.'
2. autoreconf: configure.ac: not using Gettext
autoreconf: running: aclocal --force -I build/cache -I build -I
build/bundled -I geanypy/m4 --install
3. build/i18n.m4:15: warning: macro 'AM_GLIB_GNU_GETTEXT' not found in library
aclocal: installing 'build/cache/nls.m4' from '/usr/share/aclocal/nls.m4'
aclocal: installing 'build/cache/pkg.m4' from '/usr/share/aclocal/pkg.m4'
autoreconf: configure.ac: tracing
4. autoreconf: configure.ac: not using Libtool
autoreconf: running: /usr/bin/autoconf --force
5. configure.ac:15: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_DISABLE_STATIC
      See the Autoconf documentation.
configure.ac:16: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_PROG_LIBTOOL
configure:5224: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_GLIB_GNU_GETTEXT
autoreconf: /usr/bin/autoconf failed with exit status: 1
-----------------

1. First line, right off, is a need to know. I should do this?
2. Guessing this is fine. It is installed so the developer choose not
to use gettext.
3. Seems important. The parameters indicate that only markdown will be
installed. Then why is i18n.m4 being asked to the party?
4. Again, guessing that this line is fine. I don't have it installed,
not having much to do with using shared libraries. I suppose I should
acquainted with this. Getting close to a stack overflow, though.
5. Seems like there is a need to use use m4_pattern_allow. Either
that, or there are too many other problems looming in the murky haze.

Any help out of this dungeon?