[Geany-Users] plugins, markdown, autogen.sh, and intltoolize

o1bigtenor o1bigtenor at xxxxx
Thu Dec 28 17:15:26 UTC 2017

Greetings

On Thu, Dec 28, 2017 at 10:01 AM, Muddleglum Smith <muddleglum1 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Is this where geany plugin installation problems can be discussed? If
> not, please inform me where to go and don't waste your time reading
> onward.
>
> I'm trying to get the markdown plugin to work on my Fedora 26.
>
> Matthew Brush (codebrainz) kindly wrote to me:
> ...the latest release version:
> https://github.com/geany/geany-plugins/tree/1.32.0
> ..."Download ZIP" link under the green "Clone or Download" button.
> Assuming ... `/usr` prefix, and ... something like this should work:
>  $ unzip ...
>  $ cd geany-plugins ...
>  $ ./autogen.sh --with-geany-libdir=/usr/lib --disable-all-plugins
> --enable-
> markdown
>
> No problems until that last. I'm informed that intltoolize command isn't
> found.

Not an expert here but I've had bucket loads of fun trying to get software
to install
so I MAY have an idea for you.

inltoolize isn't found - - - that means that you need to install intloolize
and/or
some kind of inltoolize dev files.
Will that fix your issues - - - maybe - - - but its worth a try!
Would suggest just the tool at first, then if still no joy then add the
-dev files.
Please read -dev and any one of -dev, -devl -devel or any other such
variant
foisted upon users by developers.

Dee