[Geany-Users] Mac Version in German

Thomas Martitz kugel at xxxxx
Sat Dec 23 21:49:20 UTC 2017

Am 21.12.2017 um 17:33 schrieb Frank Lanitz:
> On 20.12.2017 11:55, Thomas Martitz wrote:
>> shouldn't this work by default? On other systems, Geany is localized by
>> default.
> We had a long discussion here some time ago. Actually it appears that
> there are lot of Apple users preferring the LANG=C Geany -- but might be
> the wrong outcoming ;)
>
> But really, it should be more obvious or easier to switch.

This is strange. All other platforms are localized by default.
Defaulting to english when an application is perfectly localized seems
like a very strange thing to do. I can imagine this is quite confusing
for newcomers, making Geany look like it's lacking translations (i.e.
poor quality).

Also, I didn't think MAC users are that special. I would think they
would also prefer the programs they use to be in their language?

Best regards.