[Geany-Users] How to hide pyc files?

Dominic Hopf dmaphy at xxxxx
Thu Aug 17 19:13:10 UTC 2017

On Thu, 2017-08-17 at 14:45 -0400, Chris Spencer wrote:
> How do you hide pyc files, specifically in the Tree Browser? I've
> looked through all the project and plugin settings, but I can't find
> any field that lists extensions to hide.

In theory it should be possible to add filters in the Tree Browser, in
the text field just above the path (move your mouse pointer over that
field to see a tooltip about it).

Practically I've just tried an inverting filter with something like
"!*.png" to filter out png files in my home directory, but that doesn't
seem to work properly at least for me here. Instead of filtering out
*.png files only, it just doesn't show anything at all. Is that a bug
or am I doing something wrong? Probably expressions can also be more
complex regular expressions?

Regards,
Dominic