[Geany-Users] Geany Source compilation

Matthew Brush mbrush at codebrainz.ca
Mon Oct 31 22:59:48 UTC 2016

On 2016-10-31 09:12 AM, manohar gaddipati wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is Manohar. I have a windows machine.
> My objective here is to be able to use geany for fortran programming. This
> is what I did so far.
>
> 1)    I have downloaded CYGWIN (installed fortran and some recommended
> libraries) and geany.
> 2)   Created a sample test.f90 program. I can see different color fonts in
> my program
> 3)   For source compilation I went to Build (set Build commands) and tried
> this which did not work
>      Under Compile (C:\cygwin64\bin  -c  "%f")
>      Under Build (C:\cygwin64\bin -o  "%f")
>      Under Execute (C:\cygwin64\bin\gfortran "%e")
>
> I tried using online manual but I am missing something.
>
> Could you suggest me on this?

Hi,

The build and compile commands should probably refer to
`C:\cygwin64\bin\gfortran` instead of just the bin directory and the
execute command should probably just be `"%e"` (unless you need to use
`gfortran` to execute programs, I don't think you do though).

   Compile: C:\cygwin64\bin\gfortran -c "%f"
   Build: C:\cygwin64\bin\gfortran -o "%f"
   Execute: "%e"

Regards,
Matthew Brush