[Geany-Users] Search Box on toolbar goes blank when text not found

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at herbesfolles.org
Wed Oct 12 20:23:29 UTC 2016

Le 12/10/2016 à 21:47, Jerry DeLisle a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> The text box use to go black text on red background when text not found.
>
> I just upgraded to Fedora 24.
>
> Now the text goes to white on white and can not see it. If I backspace
> to a substring that is found it comes back.
>
> Is there a place to configure these colours? at least until a fix comes
> out on F24

https://github.com/geany/geany/pull/1137

It's fixed in the development version, and some distros backported the
fix (e.g. https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=835370).

It's fairly easy to apply the same fix locally, you just need that part:
https://github.com/geany/geany/pull/1137/files#diff-f0a2225292030c7d1147b0fa789374bf

You may edit the system version of geany.gtkrc, or edit your user's
~/.gtkrc-2.0.

Or change to some other desktop theme, anything respecting the
background color.

Regards,
Colomban