[Geany-Users] Geany Source compilation

Matthew Brush mbrush at codebrainz.ca
Tue Nov 1 00:48:58 UTC 2016

On 2016-10-31 04:39 PM, manohar gaddipati wrote:
> C:\cygwin64\bin\gfortran -c "geany.f95" (in directory:
> C:\Users\mgaddipati\Desktop\Fortran\Hello)
> C:/cygwin64/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-cygwin/5.4.0/f951.exe: error while loading
> shared libraries: ?: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
> directory
> Compilation failed.
>
> I am getting this error when I do this

Sounds like it's not looking in correct place for its libaries, does it
work if you run same command from Windows Command Prompt?

I expect you probably need to add whatever directories is holding
whatever libraries it wants into the PATH[0] environment variable. I've
never used Cygwin or GFortant, so not sure what else might be going on
(eg. why is the library called `?`)

Regards,
Matthew Brush

[0]: