[Geany-Users] C autocompletion / appearance

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Thu May 26 21:09:12 UTC 2016

Le 26/05/2016 à 23:01, amir teymuri a écrit :
> I have 2 questions about the appearance of Geany and auto-completion for
> file types c:
>
>   * Is it possible to change the color of Symbols/Documents and
>     Compiler/Status/Messages areas too? As default they are all white
>     but i would like to have them in another color.

Yes, but that depends on your system (GTK) theme.
It might be possible to force a dark theme on a specific application, or
somehow override some things just for Geany (look for matching children
of a window named GeanyMainWindow).

>   * I have newly started to write in c, and it seems that there is no
>     auto-completions for c activated (for python file types for example
>     there is a pop-up if i type some letters which shows some possible
>     built-in functions etc.), how can i have the same pop-up for "c"?

It should work the same for C.  However, these suggestions are based on
open documents and tag files.  By default, tags are only distributed for
the core C library (libc), not any third party libraries.  If you want
more tag files (for i.e. SDL, GTK, etc.), you can either generate them
or download some pre-generated ones i.e. from the Wiki
(https://wiki.geany.org/tags/start).

See the manual for more details on tag files.

Regards,
Colomban