[Geany-Users] Automatic Uppercasing of SQL Keywords

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Sat May 21 12:30:56 UTC 2016

Le 20/05/2016 à 08:06, Frank Lanitz a écrit :
> On 19.05.2016 23:02, Abel wrote:
>> Well, maybe you can just program a simple script to do so and call it
>> from geany when pressing build button for example.
>
> Yes. This is what I would recommend too. This could be done also via
> GeanyPy as a mini-Plugin while typing without writing to much code.

Indeed, or as a C plugin for someone comfortable with C.  However,
beware live modifications on the buffer responding to direct
typing/modification: you need to be very careful not to to it wrong or
it'll get on the way a lot:

* don't mess with undo (e.g. NEVER perform any action in response to an
undo, otherwise it'll be impossible to actually undo)
* try never to get false positives: don't uppercase something that
wasn't actually a keyword, event if e.g. it temporarily is: imagine a
table named `whereismydog`: you don't want to uppercase WHERE, although
it really is a keyword when you initially typed it.
* etc.