[Geany-Users] [ANN] Geany-Plugins 1.27 is out!

Thomas Martitz kugel at xxxxx
Mon Mar 14 09:15:26 UTC 2016

Am 13.03.2016 um 16:26 schrieb Frank Lanitz:
> Hi users, friends, everybody,
>
> We are happy to announce a new version of the combined Geany-Plugins
> release -- right after Geany 1.27, Geany-Plugins 1.27 has been released.

Good work everybody!

> * GeanyPy: Add keybinding support for Python plugins

geanypy also became a proxy plugin. Some think this is not interesting
for the end-user. However there is an important note that goes with it:
the location for geanypy plugins has changed. They must be placed into
the same directory as other plugins. Also, geanypy used to ship a
separate plugin manager. This is not the case anymore. geanypy plugins
are now displayed in the standard plugin manager, just below  geanypy
itself.

So, move all your existing plugins to ~/.config/geany/plugins. Code
changes shouldn't be necessary.

For keybindings support, there are new APIs which are loosely modelled
after Geany's C API:
In your __init__(self) do something like (this is just a quick example,
checkout geanypy for details):

self.kb_group = self.add_key_group("foo_bar", 2)
self.kb_group.add_key_item("action1", "Action 1", self.on_action_1)
[...]

Best regards