[Geany-Users] Debugging with gdb

EenyMeenyMinyMoa eenymeenyminymoa at xxxxx
Wed Mar 2 12:08:22 UTC 2016

Thanks, Colomban.

>> When I press the Run button in Debug tab,
>> a message box appears saying
>> "Error loading file".
>
> Did you properly select the program to run in the Target entry of
> Debugger's Target tab?  That's where you tell the plugin what program
> you want to debug.  You need to select the binary GCC generated (and not
> an object file, e.g. not something generated with GCC's -c option).

I selected
foo.c (source code)
in the Target entry of Debugger's Target tab.
I've changed this into
foo.o (the binary GCC generated)
,then I can do debugging successfully.

>> And in the "Breakpoints" tab, an old breakpoint of a past file still remains.
>> How can I delete this?
>
> You either click on the diamond shape in the sidebar when having this
> file open, or select the breakpoint in the list and hit Delete.

Where is "Delete"? I can't find it.
And by hitting "Delete",can I erase the names of past files,too?
It may be a trivial thing though.

$ geany --version
geany 1.24.1 (built on 2014-04-19 with GTK 2.24.23, GLib 2.40.0)
$ dpkg -l geany-plugin-debugger
||/ Name           Version      Architecture Description
ii  geany-plugin-d 1.24+dfsg-5  amd64        debugger plugin for Geany

EenyMeenyMinyMoa