[Geany-Users] Sorting selection reminder???

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Sat Jun 4 12:00:37 UTC 2016

Le 04/06/2016 à 13:48, R.Mariotti a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> Some years ago I read on this list how one could select a section of
> code and then trigger a sort of the contents while in the editor.  I've
> searched the archives but cannot seem to find the reference.
>
> Does anyone remember how one can accomplish that task?   Thank you.

You can use a Custom Command (see the manual) calling the `sort` command
(if you're under *NIX).  It'll sort the selected lines alphabetically
(by default, see the sort manual).

Alternatively, there now is a plugin that can perform sorting, too.  See
http://plugins.geany.org/lineoperations.html

Regards,
Colomban