[Geany-Users] haxe project filetypes

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Sun Jul 10 20:14:32 UTC 2016

hi,

Le 10/07/2016 à 21:37, guido at blady.name a écrit :

> Hello!
>
> I'm a new user to geany who wants to use it for haxe programming. I'm
> trying to configure a filetypes.hxproj.conf file for haxe project files
> in geany. However, geany always recognizes the .hxproj files as
> .xml-files and loads the filetypes.xml data.
>
> To generate my filetypes.hxproj.conf I copied the filetypes.xml and changed

You probably shouldn't copy a builtin filetype completely.  A few things
you should do for custom filetypes:

* set lexer_filetype=HTML in [settings], and possibly tag_parser to the
same value
* use [styling=HTML] but luckily XML filetype already does that so
you're all set here.

> [settings]
> extension=hxproj
>
> [build-menu]
> compiler=openfl update neko
> linker=openfl build neko
> run_cmd=openfl run neko
>
> Additionally, in the filetypes_extensions.conf I added below the
> [Extensions] tag
>
> Haxeproject=*.hxproj;

The entry in filetypes_extensions.conf has to match the filetype name
exactly.  Here, you should either rename your custom filetype
filetypes.Haxeproject.conf or the entry in filetypes_extensions.conf hxproj=

Regards,
Colomban