[Geany-Users] Any way to make geany recognize modelines for syntax coloring?

Thomas Martitz kugel at xxxxx
Tue Jan 12 14:29:29 UTC 2016

Am 12.01.2016 um 14:40 schrieb Karma Kolabor:
> Hi,
>
> I have not seen any way to make geany recognize modeline line e.g.
> # vi: set ft=ruby
>
> is there a feature or any plugin for this?
>
> If not, may I post this as feature request to the tracker?
>
> thanks for yor attention,
> karma

I have a modeline plugin in the works (will be based on my peasy proxy
plugin) but it's not ready yet. I'll try to cover your use case.

In the meantime you can set up a regex to extract the filetype in the
various preferences that should at cover some filetypes, see
http://www.geany.org/manual/current/index.html#various-preferences

Best regards.