[Geany-Users] Regarding sorting of functions and variables by appearance

Jiří Techet techet at xxxxx
Sun Jan 10 18:12:42 UTC 2016

Hi Ongun,

On Sun, Jan 10, 2016 at 1:58 PM, Ongun Arısev <ongunarisev at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Jiri,
>
> Hello again I downloaded the modified source code from GitHub; however I
> was not able to install it on my PC due to problems with ./configure and
> such? Is there an easier method to get the same effect?

not right now but as Colomban started reviewing the patch, there's a good
chance it'll appear in Geany master soon. Then you will be able to use
Geany nightly binaries:

http://nightly.geany.org/

Otherwise the build process is quite straightforward:

./autogen.sh --disable-html-docs && make && sudo make install

For this to work you need all the necessary dependencies which you can get
easily on a debian-based system using

sudo apt-get build-dep geany

Cheers,

Jiri