[Geany-Users] Code folding in geany 1.26

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Wed Dec 7 01:01:11 UTC 2016

On 2016-11-26 07:20 AM, H wrote:
> I am running CentOS 6.8 and gedit 1.26. I would like to install a
> code-folding plugin which I believe does exist. Have people found it
> useful?

Geany does code folding by default. The only code-folding-related plugin
I've seen GeanyNumberedBookmarks which remembers the fold state. If you
could describe more precisely what you mean by code-folding plugin,
perhaps someone will know of it.

> Ideally I would also like to be able to fold markdown text, not only
> programming code. Has anyone had success with that?

I've never seen it implemented. If you were motivated, you could do it
in a plugin using Scintilla's folding API[0], but I've not seen any
plugins that do that.

Regards,
Matthew Brush

[0]: http://www.scintilla.org/ScintillaDoc.html#Folding