[Geany-Users] Windows 10, running ubuntu bash commands as a build option

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Sat Aug 13 22:34:08 UTC 2016

On 14 August 2016 at 06:58, Matthew Brush <mbrush at codebrainz.ca> wrote:
> On 2016-08-13 01:27 PM, bill punch wrote:
>>
>>  You probably know that you can now run a bash command line from Windows
>> 10, and even more interestingly you can download all the ubuntu tools
>> (14.04) such as g++.
>>
>> You can also run these commands from a regular windows cmd.exe if you do
>> the following:
>>
>> bash -c "g++ --version" for example, gives the version number.
>>
>> However, if I do the same as a build option (say, the compile option) I
>> get "Process failed(The system cannot find the file specified)". Even if
>> I use the absolute path, the Compiler line says

Is it bash it can't find or is it g++ ?  The message in () may be the
system message for the code returned from bash.  Try running a bash
builtin instead of g++ or try the full path to g++.

I don't know which startup files bash on windows reads, but is your
path defined in the right one?