[Geany-Users] run python script on mac OS X

Jiří Techet techet at xxxxx
Wed Sep 9 17:11:53 UTC 2015

On Wed, Sep 9, 2015 at 5:04 PM, François Couloigner <fcouloigner at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I use geany to run python script on ubuntu, windows or mac.
>
> On mac (yosemite) i can't run script (F5).
> In console i receive the message :
> "The file /bin/sh
> /var/folders/pk/lx2v4wjd765dhy6qqbpjhrgr0000gn/T/geany_run_script_SZMU4X.sh
> does not exist."
> or
> " The file /bin/sh /var/tmp/geany_run_script_4CJS4X.sh does not exist. "
>  under admin user
>
> But the files exits
> What happens ?

Strange, works for me. Does /bin/sh exist on your system and is it
executable? Try to execute it from Geany's terminal in case Geany can't
access it for some reason. To me the error message looks like /bin/sh isn't
recognized as an executable and that

/bin/sh /var/folders/pk/lx2v4wjd765dhy6qqbpjhrgr0000gn
/T/geany_run_script_SZMU4X.sh

is considered as a single path (within the "/bin/sh " subdirectory) which
really doesn't exist. Did you set anything special under Build->Set build
commands?

Cheers,

Jiri