[Geany-Users] Geany Java debugger

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Tue Nov 17 22:49:39 UTC 2015

On 18 November 2015 at 06:03, Daiyue Weng <daiyueweng at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, I installed Geany 1.26 and Geany Plugins 1.26 on Win 8.1 Pro X64. But I
> couldn't find either GeanyGDB or any other debugger for debugging Java
> programs through Plugin Manager. So I am wondering anyone knows how to debug
> Java in Geany.

Hi,

Geany does not contain any debugger.  The plugins debugger and scope,
which are part of the separate geany-plugins collection not geany
itself, both interface to external debuggers that talk GDB.  That
means GDB and possibly LLDB neither of which debugs Java AFAIK.  If
you found an external debugger that talked GDB-MI language you might
be able to use it with these plugins.