[Geany-Users] new plugin for automatic alignment

Thomas Martitz kugel at xxxxx
Fri Nov 13 12:56:47 UTC 2015

Am 13.11.2015 um 12:37 schrieb Max Voss:
> Hello everyone!
>
> I wrote a plugin that automatically aligns your "=" like this:
> |fooooo=1 bar=1|
> becomes
> |fooooo = 1 bar = 1|
> See the geanpy readme ( https://github.com/codebrainz/geanypy ) for
> info on how to install python plugins.
>
> You can get the plugin itself from my github:
>
> https://github.com/BMaxV/Geany-Autoalign
>
> It's functional but there is a lot room for improvement, so I'd very
> much like to hear your critique, suggestions, feature requests, etc.

Awesome, I've always wanted a way to do that!

Can you describe the algorithm briefly?

As Lex mentioned, be aware that geanypy is under rework currently. From
a quick look at your plugin you won't have to adapt your code. However,
python plugin will be expected in a different location after the rework
(directly under ~/.config/geany/plugins or /usr/lib/geany/plugins
respectively). You will then be able to make use of keybindings.

Best regards.