[Geany-Users] Geany templates

Little Girl littlergirl at xxxxx
Thu Nov 12 15:38:03 UTC 2015

Hey there,

Lex Trotman wrote:

> On 12 November 2015 at 01:46, Little Girl <littlergirl at gmail.com>
> wrote:

> I meant that Geany ends the substitution at the first } so:
> {command: something {ob}{untitled}{ob}} will be seen as the command
> "something {ob" or the command "something " depending if the {ob}
> is substituted before or after the command one (didn't check).
>
> So it will never do anything useful.

Yep, and my failed attempts to get it to do anything useful bear that
out. (:

> > This works if it's in the first four lines of the template:
> >
> > # file://{command:pwd}/{filename}
>
> should work anywhere IIUC

It only works in the first four lines of the template for me in Geany
1.25 under Linux Mint MATE 17.1  'Rebecca'. Maybe it's a bug?

> >> The $GEANY_FILENAME and friends are only given values if they are
> >> known, but the filename isn't known for a new file so the
> >> variable is set but to nothing.  That may be your problem.
> >
> > When would be a good time to use $GEANY_FILENAME?
>
> Actually if you put it that way it doesn't seem to be very useful
> that I can tell, but maybe somebody else has an idea.

LOL! I'll mess around with using it in various ways and places in
Geany to see where it would be of use, and if I figure it out, I'll
share in here. (:

--
Little Girl

There is no spoon.