[Geany-Users] Geany templates

Little Girl littlergirl at xxxxx
Wed Nov 11 15:46:22 UTC 2015

Hey there,

Lex Trotman wrote:

> On 11 November 2015 at 15:04, Little Girl <littlergirl at gmail.com>
> wrote:

> >  Notice that the first one does expand perfectly when you save
> > the file. As for the opening and closing brace wildcards in
> > {ob}{untitled}{cb}, that could be because the command wildcard
> > literally runs a command in the shell and then sends its output
> > back into Geany. Since the Geany wildcards are unknown to the
> > shell, it either ignores them or has an error (not sure).

> There are no substitutes in the command, and the command stops at
> the first } so its going to be hard to include } in the command.

Oh, I really need to kick myself in the head on that one. I should
have realized the } is considered a full stop in the shell. (:

I just tried it with single quotes around the {ob}{untitled}{cb}, but
that doesn't work either (it removes the path).

This works if it's in the first four lines of the template:

# file://{command:pwd}/{filename}

> > I tried it without the {ob} and {cb}, with quotes around it with
> > and without the {ob} and {cb}, and with $GEANY_FILENAME with and
> > without quotes around it. I couldn't get any of them to work. The
> > shell isn't getting the data it needs to finish the command.
> > Maybe someone who's reading along will jump in and suggest a
> > better approach. (:

> The $GEANY_FILENAME and friends are only given values if they are
> known, but the filename isn't known for a new file so the variable
> is set but to nothing.  That may be your problem.

When would be a good time to use $GEANY_FILENAME?

--
Little Girl

There is no spoon.