[Geany-Users] Geany templates

rch rch at xxxxx
Tue Nov 10 20:35:31 UTC 2015

Just a quick report, following your email

> moved the first two lines below the hash line, but I'm out of time

That does seem to be part of the  problem.
Did that and I've now got a template
which works almost but not quite.
Template and output below the line at (a), (b)

The following wildcards work nicely
  {fileheader}, {datetime} and {geanyversion}
See lines 3, 4, 5

The following wild cards do not work
  {untitled} and (trying to get the full path)
  {command:readlink -f {ob}{untitled}{cb}}
See lines 2, 6

What is curious is that
{fileheader} → «foobar.pl» ; good (line 3 )
{untitled}   → «untitled»  ; bad (line 2)

RichardH

Using Geany ver 0.21 running under Ubuntu 12.04

(a) Top six lines of template file (line numbers added)

#!/usr/bin/perl                      1
# This is file {untitled}            2
{fileheader}                         3
# Made {datetime}                    4
# By Geany version {geanyversion}    5
# file://{command:readlink -f {ob}{untitled}{cb}} 6

(b) Top part of Perl script made by that template
and saved as «foobar.pl»
Lines numbered as in the template

# #!/usr/bin/perl                     1
# This is file untitled               2