[Geany-Users] Geany “send current selection to” command line or batch file(as argument) or browser in Windows

rch rch at xxxxx
Tue Nov 10 07:22:33 UTC 2015

60840A_Geanyusers.txt
10.11.2015 08:00:43 CET

    Thats magic (see above two lines)

    Question:- Does this only work with template files
    that are empty except for the two lines
    {untitled}
    {date}
    ?

    I tried adding those two lines
    at top of my existing Perl template text.pl
    which is 240 lines long.

    The new Perl file opens with the date
    already nicely filled in; it looks like this

    untitled
    10.11.2015 08:11:12 CET
    #!/usr/bin/perl
    ...snip...

    But when I save it using same procedure
    as for the txt file, the top line "untitled"
    does not change at all.

    Perhaps I'll need to learn some scripting [1]
[1]